- How quickly will you print and dispatch my order?
We print and dispatch within 3 working days of payment clearing for regular orders. Often quicker!
We also offer a next day print and dispatch service for a small charge - currently £5.00 per delivery address.
Orders on the Next Day Service, ordered before 1pm Monday - Friday will be dispatched using a courier for delivery the following working day (Monday to Friday excluding Saturdays and Bank Holidays). This is UK mainland only. Next Day orders require a signature, and we regrettably can not be held responsible for late delivery by our couriers. Please note that the Next Day Charge is for the express print of your order, and is not for the carriage of your order. In the unlikely event that the couriers make a late delivery this express charge is non refundable.
Should a next Day order be placed for an address not based within Mainland UK your order will be printed and dispatched under the next day timescale, however we shall select a postal method at our discretion. Delivery will then be a minimum of two days.
- How will my order be sent to me?
Standard orders are dispatched using Royal Mail 1st Class Post. Large orders and bulky orders may be sent by courier at our discretion.
- My order has been dispatched and I have not received this what can I do?
Please check that the address and postal code that you have supplied us is correct. If it is not correct please email us and explain what has happened.
If your address is correct please telephone your local postal sorting office and ask if they are holding any uncollected 1st class parcels for your name and address. The postal service should leave a calling card to advise you if they have not be able to deliver a ‘bulky’ item, but we are aware from customer feedback this does not always happen. If they are not holding any parcels please email us.
We request all undelivered orders are reported to us within 7 working days of dispatch.
- What printing methods do you use?
For garment printing we offer three options of print method. Direct To Garment Printing, Flock and Rhine Stones.
- printing allows us to print any design or photograph directly to the fabric of your selected garment. No longer restricted to white only garments we use the latest in white ink technology that allows us to print directly to dark coloured t-shirts and hoodies. Important - as we print directly to the garment and not on to a transfer that is applied to your garment, the print adheres to the individual fibres of your coloured garment the print may not always appear as a solid print.
- is for one colour text only prints, by selecting the flock colour of your choice the flock is expertly cut letter by letter and heat applied to your selected garment. The final result is very effective and durable. This is the most effective print method for text/numbers only.
- are again suitable for one colour text only prints. You select the rhine stone colour of your choice and these are then heat applied to your garment. When printed these look very eye catching and are very durable.
Engraved products are printed using the latest technology in photo engraving. Please note due to the accuracy and delicacy of our engraving machines, your engraved product is not the same as traditional deep cut engraving methods.
- How do I care for my personalised garments?
All our print methods are very durable but do need to be looked after carefully. When washing we advise you to wash the garments inside out at 30 degrees, do not tumble dry, and iron on the inside with a cool iron. Garments printed using direct garment printing may fade slightly on the first wash.
- Are your mugs dishwasher safe?
Yes, our Standard, Two Tone and Porcelain Mugs are dishwasher safe for domestic use. However, we do not recommend that our Heat Sensitive mugs are used in a dishwasher due to the specialist coating on them. We recommend that you do not use a scourer or abrasive cleaner on any of our mugs.
- How does your Heat Sensitive Mug work?
Our heat sensitive mugs have a black exterior finish, when the image is printed onto the mug this is hardly visible until hot liquid is added. The coating of the mug reacts with the heat and the mug changes from black to white. Once the mug starts changing to white your image is revealed.
- Can I have different designs on each side of my mugs and t shirts?
Yes! Please follow the online designer to upload and design each side of your selected product – if you do not see the options you would like please email us or ring us and if we can help we will!
- What format shall I upload my images in?
The Design on Line Service accepts a jpeg, gif, bmp or png picture. If you are designing your products using these file types your design will be illustrated on your product.
For files in a non-bitmap format, such as Microsoft Word, (.doc), Adobe Photoshop (.psd), PDF file or any other format, you should upload this using the 'other design' option. This will be illustrated as a paperclip on your chosen product, and the attachment will automatically be forwarded to us.
- I have a photograph/design I would like to use, how do I use this on your Design on Line service?
Our Design on Line service really is easy to use and the service prompts you at each stage. Basically all you have to do is know where you have stored the image/design/photograph on your computer, and select the product you wish to purchase from the illustrations on the home page. You are then asked to select print areas (i.e. front and back of a t shirt) and then upload your image! It is as easy as that! You will then see an illustration of your image on one of our products, where you can then proceed to pay, or continue shopping.
- What DPI should my design be?
We recommend 300 dpi – the better your image quality the better the final print.
If you are unsure, please email us your image and we can advise you.
- What size should my image be?
The Online Design Service has been built to automatically re size your images to fit your chosen products! Our printers will not overstretch images and will print the image for optimum results on your chosen product, if your image is not suitable we will contact you by email.
Please note that the better the quality of your image, the better the final product.
- Can I have a discount if I order in bulk?
Yes! We are very competitive with our quotes if you are ordering 10 or more items please email us and ask for a quote!
- Is your website secure?
Yes, for payment with a debit or credit card our website is secure. For more information please read our security policy.
- Online designer will not accept my file type?
- The online designer can only show a preview of JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP images. If you wish to submit your artwork in a different format please continue to buy the product blank, then use the special instructions box to tell us you are going to be emailing us your design. On the order confirmation you can then attach your artwork and send it back to us.